Oven preheated to 400 degrees
Hands-on time = 15 minutes,
Cooking time = 30-35 minutes
2 cups oats (quick cooking)
1/2 cup flour (whole wheat, brown rice, quinoa or/and coconut flours)
1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp dried ginger
1 Tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cloves
2 eggs or equivalent in egg whites
1 Tbsp vanilla
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup Greek yogurt
½ cup molasses
½ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
1 large can of pumpkin puree (29 oz)
1. Mix wet into dry ingredients. Let the mix sit for at least 5 minutes so oats can soak up moisture - this will produce a nice texture and a good crown to the muffins.
2. Fold in 2 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
3. Spray muffin tins with oil, or butter them and spoon in batter. Makes 18-24 muffins with nuts, 15-18 without.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes until brown on top.
5. Let them cool in the pans 5 minutes, then remove from pans.